5 Most Popular Paint Colors in 2018
The easiest way to modernize a room or home is with paint; color can provide a subtle backdrop or steal the show. From soft neutrals to vivid brights, here are the 5 most exciting new colors for 2018.
1. Charcoals – While the soft neutral grays and taupe of the past few years still enjoys popularity, today’s grays are becoming bolder. Lush earthy grays and even darker charcoal are popping up in designs for 2018.
2. Blues – Always a popular color for paint, modern blues include soft elements of gray and brown, adding dimension.
3. Sage – Another color which incorporates gray tones of contemporary style is sage. Far from the old avocado of the 70s, sage is a delicate neutral which serves as a great backdrop for today’s home.
4. Brights – The accent wall is back in style. Vibrant red, rich purple and mustard yellow are just a few of the newest shades showing up in model homes. Carefully added as accent walls or nooks, these colors add energy and interest to rooms.
5. Blush – This is not your grandmother’s pink. Blush paint tones are delicate blends of pinks, grays and taupe to accentuate the natural light of the room.
Every year, home designers embrace new colors intended to update the feel of the home; a simple way to update your home, over the weekend.